Aquatic Pro Buoyancy Aid
Specifically designed for Sea Kayaking and Touring, but is also good for level 2 whitewater, rafting and recreational paddling.
Aquatic Pro Features:
- 210 denier outer shell with tear resistant PU reinforced coating.
- PVC, soft profiled foam, providing a low profile design for unrestricted movement.
- 8 point strap adjustment system on the shoulders, side and waist belt to keep the vest in place.
- Neoprene padded shoulders and upper back for comfort.
- Sturdy front zip for easy entry and exit with non corroding nylon teeth and slider.
- Full reflective '3M' piping on front, back and shoulders.
- Front stretch flare pouch with velcro retaining loop.
- 2 secure zippered front draining pockets over soft pile lined neoprene handwarmers.
- Large and secure back pocket for TOP FEEDING camel back drink holder or large rocket flare. Adjustable for a low profile.
- ISO 12402-5
FOR SAFETY PLEASE NOTE
Based on the European Standard CEN 393, buoyancy aids are only supportive tools and so are designed for swimmers and emergency situations with help at hand. They are NOT rescue tools for non swimmers. Your BA should be comfortable, be suitable for your weight and the particular paddle sport you wish to undertake.
By Aegean Paddlers
The aquatic pro has been my expedition and leadership pfd for the last 5 years.
The fact alone that the outer and inner fabric lasted that long in the hot salty Med and is still holding strong amazes me. Good boyancy and very good fastening around torso and shoulders with 6(!) adjustable buckled straps and the front zip. The knife pocket on the front is huge, not huge enough for a radio though. I like the mesh on the low end of the side pockets and the bungee corded recess over the back pocket always holds my emergency flare. Side pockets are big enough to accommodate an Olympus tg4. Sadly there's no attachment point inside except a plastic clip at the end of a rubber string with it's other end sewn on the pfd. Better than nothing and again to my amazement the string is still holding!!! Good paddling on the shoulders for carrying kayaks, plenty of reflective material all around the pfd, easy to clip an adventure light over a shoulder strap, low profile for easier jumping in the back deck, absolutely no restriction or abrasion during paddling. Hand warming pockets, never used them but they're there with cozy lining. Recommended? Sure!
The newer yellow model has a few differences. The outer fabric is different, feels more "synthetic" and sheds water better. The pockets are a tad smaller and without the mesh at the bottom. Reflective materials are different, there are 2 water tube outlets and a holder on the shoulder. Also the knife pocket is a bit smaller. For the rest is practically the same proven design. I've been only using it for a year so too soon to judge it's resilience.
Over all I like this vest. Comfortable, doesn't get in my way when self-rescuing. I use this for coastal paddling, not white water.
I am a female paddler, with a 42 inch/106 cm chest measurement, I wear the L/XL. It has ample room, I feel like I'm at the small end for the vest.
Like the reviewer above I really notice the lack of lash tabs, D rings, anywhere to tie my compass/mirror/PLB down. I also need to tie my radio and camera to my vest.
I like the PFD it’s a good design and is extremely comfortable with low impact on paddling movement. Just one big niggle :
No D rings / anchor point in the pockets which is extremely frustrating for things like PLB and other essential kit.