Aquatic Pro Buoyancy Aid
Specifically designed for Sea Kayaking and Touring, but is also good for level 2 whitewater, rafting and recreational paddling.
Aquatic Pro Features:
- 210 denier outer shell with tear resistant PU reinforced coating.
- PVC, soft profiled foam, providing a low profile design for unrestricted movement.
- 8 point strap adjustment system on the shoulders, side and waist belt to keep the vest in place.
- Neoprene padded shoulders and upper back for comfort.
- Sturdy front zip for easy entry and exit with non corroding nylon teeth and slider.
- Full reflective '3M' piping on front, back and shoulders.
- Front stretch flare pouch with velcro retaining loop.
- 2 secure zippered front draining pockets over soft pile lined neoprene handwarmers.
- Large and secure back pocket for TOP FEEDING camel back drink holder or large rocket flare. Adjustable for a low profile.
- ISO 12402-5
FOR SAFETY PLEASE NOTE
Based on the European Standard CEN 393, buoyancy aids are only supportive tools and so are designed for swimmers and emergency situations with help at hand. They are NOT rescue tools for non swimmers. Your BA should be comfortable, be suitable for your weight and the particular paddle sport you wish to undertake.
I like the PFD it’s a good design and is extremely comfortable with low impact on paddling movement. Just one big niggle :
No D rings / anchor point in the pockets which is extremely frustrating for things like PLB and other essential kit.