Aquatherm Stealth Cag Deck
(Aquatherm and Super Stretch Aquatherm Fabrics). A uniquely soft and comfortable cag that can be worn next to the skin or over thermals in the cold. A popular choice with our expedition kayakers. The only cag deck available with a bale hole, which enables you to hold a hand pump in position and empty your kayak without taking off your spray deck.
The Stealth Cag
- Front baffle neck seal, which, with its wider neck gape when undone, allows for good ventilation on prolonged journeys.
- Super stretch aquatherm dry seals on the cuff & for a more comfortable fit over a broader area of your wrist and neck, giving a comfortable seal without the cruder pressure associated with traditional latex seals (great for folks who may have grumbling problems with tendonitis.)
- Seals are tough& durable; non splitting and are not a “write off” should you puncture them.
- Snap on/off hood with wired brim & adjustable straps at the sides giving a snug fit when the weather closes in.
- Reflective strips on hood and cuffs for added safety.
- All seams stitched & tape for strength and water tightness.
- Super stretch aquatherm.
- Bale hole feature which fastens down forming a waterproof seal when not in use & map loops as standard.
- Map case sits exactly where you want it on this deck - on your keyhole cockpit.
Thanks again to nigeldenniskayaks.com for all the help with design and trials for this Reed Stealth Cag.
Please let us know your boat cockpit type when ordering.
Neck and cuff sizes come as standard sizes on the cags, however you can give us any special measurements for a custom fit. No extra charge.
Please let us know your boat make and model in the options box on the measurement chart when you add to basket.
Aquatherm® fabric has been developed to enable wearers to remain warm and dry for sport or leisure, in a whole range of conditions. It is a lightweight fabric that offers great freedom of movement, far more so than with traditional, bulkier neoprene and woven garments.
It is essential that the garment is working with the athlete, unlike earlier neoprene fabrics, where the athlete is more often working against the garment. Aquatherm is less than a millimetre thick and remains stable, flexible, strong and waterproof when fully flexed. Unlike neoprene, it has the added advantage of being watershedding and fast drying, so less temperature is lost from the wet outer shell through evaporation.
Please note, photo shows cag deck with hood both up and down. Cag deck on right has a map case in place - this is NOT supplied with the garment. (Model's own!!)