Aquatherm Men's S/Sleeve Top
- An ideal all purpose water sports garment. Our most popular style.
- Outer Surface: Waterproof, Fast drying, UV protecting, Water shedding, Matt black
- Inner Surface:Soft feel, Fast Drying, Polyester Stretch Knit, Antifungally treated, Non latex (for allergy sufferers).
- Pulls on like a T-shirt.
- Fully taped and waterproofed external seams for maximum strength.
- Can be worn on its own, or for extra warmth as a thermal booster layer underneath a wetsuit, semi dry suit or cag.
- Best worn close fitting around the neck, arm and waist and loosely comfortable around the upper body.
- Deep arm gussets for maximum movement.
- Lightweight, machine washable, this top is great for taking travelling, each item can packup small enough to fit into your pocket.
- Available with optional added 30cm front zip (for venting) or 50cm back zip (for ease of getting on and off) £4.00 extra.
Aquatherm® fabric has been developed to enable wearers to remain warm and dry for sport or leisure, in a whole range of conditions. It is a lightweight fabric that offers great freedom of movement, far more so than with traditional, bulkier neoprene and woven garments.
It is essential that the garment is working with the athlete, unlike earlier neoprene fabrics, where the athlete is more often working against the garment. Aquatherm is less than a millimetre thick and remains stable, flexible, strong and waterproof when fully flexed. Unlike neoprene, it has the added advantage of being watershedding and fast drying, so less temperature is lost from the wet outer shell through evaporation.
By Jamie Lee H
Met someone from Reed years ago on the coast , not long after they'd gone into business making their initial range of tops and leggings . Some watersports media friends ,with me at the time, reviewed their products for them and they gave them a massive thumbs up. I bought a Chillcheater tshirt ( Aquatherm) at the time and to this day still use it to upgrade the effectiveness of my wetsuits as and when needed . I will always wholeheartedly endorse the effectiveness and quality of this product .
By Stuart H
This top travels with me every time I am going away and water will be involved.After 12 years it is just starting to show a bit of wear but only around the taped bits. I just takes the edge off chill when snorkelling or diving. One of the best bits for me is if I have got a bit cold in the water it warms you up real quick if you stand in the sun,even if it is blowing a gale.